Vegan Chilli Sin Carne
Giving yourself a healthy treat? Then try this vegan chili sin carne. It’s a meatless vegan version of chili con carne that comes with plant-based protein-packed goodness that offers satiety, good flavors and nutrient boosting requirements.
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 50 minutes | Total Time 1 hour | 4 Servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper roughly chopped
- 1 small chili pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 200 g of red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 100 g dried red lentils
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- Cooked basmati rice
- A squeeze of lime juice
- Fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, celery, carrot, and pepper for a few minutes, on a medium heat, until softened.
- Add the cumin, chili flakes, salt and pepper, and stir.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, lentils, and vegetable stock. Add in the extra flavorings, if using.
- Simmer for 40-50 minutes.
- Serve with some steamed basmati rice, fresh parsley and a squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy!
- Freezes well. Keeps for up to 4 days refrigerated.