Organic Dried Green Peas Whole
$1.53 – $8.99 lb
Out of stock
- — Raw Peas, Sprouting Grade
- — Premium Quality, Non-GMO
- — High Germination Rate
- — Country of Origin: USA
Green peas are known as one of the first crops ever cultivated by humans. Originally grown in Asia and the Middle East, this plant is presently grown across the world due to the fact that they do not require special conditions or care. However, though being low-maintenance, organic green peas still offer plenty of health benefits. If they did not, they probably would not have remained a popular ingredient in many cuisines of the world for centuries.
Organic Green Peas provide your body with a significantly greater amount of useful elements. Due to their natural origins, they influence your body in a healthier way, while at the same time inflicting less harm on the environment.
Also known as garden peas, organic green peas are rich in vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, all of which makes this legume a very useful addition to your diet They offer many benefits, some of which you may find below.
Health Benefits of Organic Green Peas
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect.
Green peas are packed with various antioxidant and anti-inflammatory elements. They contain flavonoids, carotenoids, vitamins, acids, and minerals, all of which increase the soothing effect of this legume. If you consume peas regularly, you will increase your chances of avoiding oxidative stress or inflammations.
- Blood sugar control.
Protein and fiber contained in garden peas help reduce blood sugar spikes and improve the overall state of your blood system. Besides, when it comes to diabetes, green peas have proved to be efficient in controlling both blood sugar and insulin levels. This makes garden peas an essential ingredient in your diet if you are struggling with diabetes.
- Heart health maintenance.
Omega-3 fatty acids, as well as B vitamins, make green peas a rich source of support for your cardiovascular system. They will promote the strength and proper functioning of your blood vessels, which is vital for your heart’s work. The anti-inflammatory effect mentioned earlier also plays an important part in maintaining good heart health.
- Bones and brain support.
Being rich in vitamin K, garden peas play an important role in the mineralization of your bones. This vitamin promotes the development of proper bone structure from inside the bone cells. The same vitamin is useful in preventing the damage done to the nerves by diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
How to Sprout Peas at Home
- Yields approximately 3 Cups (1/2 lb.) of Sprouts. Prep 3 Tablespoons of peas, then transfer into a bowl or into your Sprouter. Add 2-3 times as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix peas up to assure even water contact for all.
- Allow peas to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the peas into your Sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with cool (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided.
- Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days.
Enjoy your home-made sprouts!
Do you want to buy our products with discount?
We send discount coupons for every holidays