Organic Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
$3.40 – $23.98 lb
- — Organic, Non-GMO, Kosher
- — Raw Whole Kernels, Unsalted
- — Very low in Cholesterol and Sodium
- — An excellent source of Protein, Vitamin K, Iron
- — Copper, Magnesium, Phosphorus, and Manganese
Organic pumpkin seeds, or pepitas, are a salutary ingredient in many dishes all over the world. Your health will benefit from adding these seeds to your diet, for they are a rich source of useful elements and nutrients like phytosterols, antioxidants, minerals, and protein.
We offer this organic product in our store, which means that you will receive twice as many healthy nutrients as you would from consuming regular products. At the same time, you significantly reduce the toxic chemical damage that comes with products from a non-organic origin.
There are many beneficial effects of organic pepitas:
- Support your immune system.
Zinc, a mineral that is found in pepitas in abundance, provides valuable support to your immune system. It improves your general well-being, boosts cell production, and helps fight seasonal diseases such as colds. Moreover, if you consume products rich in zinc regularly, you will enjoy better sleep and avoid exhaustion. Another mineral, manganese, improves the state of your bones and skin.
- Solve gender-related health issues.
Male customers will find pumpkin seeds particularly beneficial for them because they reduce the risk of prostate diseases due to their high content of zinc. At the same time, female customers may prefer this product for it helps to overcome various menopausal symptoms, fighting headaches, relieving joint pains, and taming hot flashes.
- Achieve an antioxidant effect.
This organic product is a rich source of antioxidant elements like various types of vitamin E. Regular consumption of these seeds will help your body reduce the impact of free radicals. Thus, you will avoid diseases related to the cardiovascular and nervous systems.
- Maintain proper heart functioning.
Organic pumpkin seeds furnish your body with magnesium, one of the most beneficial elements for your cardiovascular system. Due to its wholesome impact on your blood pressure, you will minimize the chances of having a stroke or a heart attack if you choose to introduce this product into your diet.
- Fight microbes.
Due to their content of proteins and lignans such as medioresinol, lariciresinol, and pinoresinol, pepitas help your body resist the damaging influence of microbes, fungi and viruses.
How to Sprout Seeds at Home
- Yields approximately 3 Cups (1/2 lb.) of Sprouts. Prep 3 Tablespoons of seed, then transfer into a bowl or into your Sprouter. Add 2-3 times as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix seeds up to assure even water contact for all.
- Allow seeds to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the seeds into your Sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with cool (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided.
- Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days.
Enjoy your home-made sprouts!
Do you want to buy our products with discount?
We send discount coupons for every holidays
Recommended postsNot available POST
Ingredients for the salad:
- Half of the thinly sliced red cabbage
- 8 oz baby arugula
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds (or crushed almonds)
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- One sliced green apple (optional)
- Sea salt to taste
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- Thinly slice the cabbage, mix in a large bowl with the arugula, pumpkin seeds (or crushed almonds) and pomegranate seeds. If you are using the green apple, please cut it in thin slices and add it to the salad too.
- In a separate small container mix together the olive oil, lime juice and grated ginger. Dress the salad just before serving and enjoy!
We also have