Organic Red Quinoa
$2.70 – $10.49 lb
- — Raw Red Quinoa
- — Premium Quality, Kosher
- — Sprouting Grade, High Germination Rate
- — Non-GMO, Gluten Free
- — Cholesterol and Sugars Free
- — High in Magnesium, Iron and Vitamin B-6
- — Country of Origin: Bolivia, Peru
Organic Quinoa is an incredibly nutritious grain-like seed. This plant has its origin in South America, where ancient Incans called it “mother grain”, as they believed it could secure long, healthy life.
Their beliefs, as it turns out, did have a certain foundation: quinoa seeds are an excellent source of protein and essential minerals and vitamins. The distinguishing feature of these seeds is that they contain all the main amino acids.
Health Benefits of Organic Red Quinoa
The main quality of organic quinoa—as a powerful source of protein and minerals—determines the ways they benefit a human’s body. These are numerous and significant:
- Render help with bone and tissue building.
Quinoa seeds have a protein balance similar to that of meat, fish, and milk, so they are an invaluable food for those who are on a vegetarian diet. Besides, they are a rich source of calcium, the mineral that is responsible for bones’ strength, and zinc, which is a co-factor of many enzymes that regulate the processes of growth and development, sperm generation, and nucleic acid synthesis. Consumption of quinoa guarantees a beautiful appearance for your skin, hair, and nails.
- Help cope with a severe headache.
Due to the high content of riboflavin and magnesium, you can eat organic quinoa to get rid of migraine headaches. Riboflavin improves transportation of oxygen to the brain cells and magnesium provides relaxation of the blood vessels that lead to the brain.
- Provide some protection against cancer.
Quinoa seeds contain several substances—many with antioxidant qualities—that are reported to be helpful in providing protection from this disease. Manganese prevents cells’ mitochondria from being damaged during energy production. It, together with vitamins A, B1, B2, E, and the mineral selenium, remove free radicals from the body, thus protecting it against cancer.
- Regulate the work of the digestive system.
The great amount of insoluble fiber in quinoa helps lower the occurrence of gallstones and improves the functioning of bile. The fiber is an irreplaceable method for preventing constipation, and its ability to bind toxins lowers the risk of colon cancer.
- Help reduce appetite.
Due to the high content of protein and fiber, quinoa seeds help you eat less. Meals with the seeds ensure the feeling of satiety, thus causing a reduction in daily calorie intake. Therefore, quinoa seeds help you stick to a low-calorie diet and manage your weight.
How to Sprout Red Quinoa at Home
- Yields approximately 3 Cups (1/2 lb.) of Sprouts. Prep 3 Tablespoons of seed, then transfer into a bowl or into your Sprouter. Add 2-3 times as much cool (60°-70°) water. Mix seeds up to assure even water contact for all.
- Allow seeds to soak for 6-12 hours. Empty the seeds into your Sprouter (if necessary). Drain off the soak water. Rinse thoroughly with cool (60°-70°) water. Drain thoroughly! Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between Rinses. Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided.
- Always be sure to Drain very thoroughly. The most common cause of inferior sprouts is inadequate drainage. Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days.
Enjoy your home-made sprouts!
Do you want to buy our products with discount?
We send discount coupons for every holidays