Organic Dark Rye Flour
$1.88 – $11.99 lbs
- — Organic, Non-GMO
- — Kosher, Vegan
- — Whole Grain, Stone Ground
- — Very Low in Cholesterol,
- — Sodium, and Saturated Fat
- — A Very Good Source of Iron,
- — Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc,
- — Copper, and Selenium,
- — Dietary Fiber and Manganese
Whether your concern is simple weight management or controlling a medical condition such as gestational diabetes, finding carbohydrates low on the glycemic index can be key to meeting your dietary needs. Organic rye flour is a 100% vegan option for introducing low GI carbohydrates into your cooking and baking. Especially popular in Russia and Canada, rye is a carb-rich grain, which means that eating products made from rye can help you feel fuller than if you eat products made from wheat. Even better, because the refining process for rye is more difficult than the refining process for wheat, rye flour retains more of its nutrients than wheat flour does.
Organic rye flour is packed with the types of nutrients you want in your grain, including fiber and iron. The refining process for rye is different than the refining process for wheat, meaning that more nutrients stay in rye flour than in wheat flour. Even better, rye is low in gluten, so while it’s still not recommended for those with Celiac disease, if you are working towards a low-gluten diet, this is a better option for you than white flour. Here are some of the nutritional benefits organic rye flour boasts:
- Low Cholesterol & Sodium: If you suffer from high blood pressure, one of the first things doctors will tell you to do is to lower your intake of sodium and cholesterol. That’s because sodium and cholesterol can both lead to heart disease and clogged arteries. Luckily, organic rye flour is low in both, ensuring that you can enjoy a heart-healthy diet while baking with organic rye flour.
- Iron: A key aspect in your blood cells, iron ensures that your body has the potential to cart necessary oxygen from your lungs to every one of your muscles and organs. A low iron intake—which most of us unfortunately have—leads to decreased body performance overall. Boosting the iron in your diet can cure anemia and overall make you feel happier, healthier, and more energized.
- Fiber: Necessary for digestive health, a healthy fiber intake can keep you regular and cure constipation and that chronically bloated feeling so many experiences. Especially important for pregnant women, who may find their bodies get more backed up than usual, fiber is an important component for managing a healthy lifestyle and a healthy weight.
- Manganese: From your bones to your liver, kidney, and pancreas, manganese plays an important role in forming new tissue and repairing everyday damage throughout your body. Manganese has a role in how your blood clots, which means that those with bleeding disorders may want to pay special attention to their manganese consumption. Manganese also helps your body absorb calcium and maintain regular blood sugar.
Do you want to buy our products with discount?
We send discount coupons for every holidays
Recommended postsNot available POST
For Basil Chive Cream:
- 3/4 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, may use low-fat
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt to taste
- 2 vegetable marrow (or zucchini or yellow squash), grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup rye flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- olive oil
- In a bowl, combine sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, chopped basil and salt.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve.
- Shred vegetable marrow and the carrots. Place together in a colander and toss with 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Let sit 20 minutes so moisture can release from veggies.
- After 20 minutes, take a handful of the vegetable marrow and carrot mixture and squeeze hard to remove all the liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, black pepper, and rye flour, transfer the drained veggies and combine.
- In a non-stick or cast-iron pan, heat approximately 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- Once the oil is shimmery, add about 1/4 cup vegetable marrow -carrot mixture and immediately press flat with the spatula.
- Cook until golden on each side, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer cooked pancakes to the paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with a dollop of Basil Chive Cream.
We also have